· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 3 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ cup sugar
· 1 ½ cups milk
· 2 egg yolks
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup butter, melted
· 4 egg whites
1. Preheat the waffle iron to the regular setting
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir gently until about halfway combined. Add the melted butter and mix gently until combined.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk until stiff. Slowly fold them into the batter.
5. Spoon the batter into your waffle iron in batches and cook according to the directions.
6. Remove and serve immediately with butter and syrup.